Wednesday, June 18, 2014

FINISHING AND PREPARING

I don't feel like I've hit my normal rhythm since returning from my last teaching trip.  It will come.....so in the meantime....
 I pulled some deconstructed screen printed wool from my stash, along with other hand dyed solids, and of course.....embellishments.  Not sure what if any of these will ultimately show up on the piece.  Making a decision seems so monumental today......Does that ever happen to you?  
However, my hand sewing project is ready for many evenings to come.  This monster 100" x 110" quilt is now in the process of having the binding sewn down by hand.  I know....some of you youngins' prefer that task to be done entirely by machine.....just call me old school......

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Colors really show up nice on the quilt! Binding is always relaxing to me...mindless work, which I love.

Karen Scribner said...

It appears we are the same age.....I put bindings on by machine.