Wednesday, September 24, 2014

EXPERIMENTING WITH CRACKLE PAINTING

Being drawn to rustic/primitive furniture with peeling or worn paint.  Surely this look can be achieved on fabric? 

 I got out my small container of faux crackled glaze, intended for use on wood surfaces.  What the heck.....let's see what effect it will give to fabric.  So, I wet a piece of fabric with the liquid in a shallow pan.  And let it dry.
 Next, acrylic paint was smoothed over the surface.  NOTHING happened...on wood it reacts almost instantly.
 ......and I waited, and waited......
Now dry,  the back is more interesting.
Since no master piece was created.....I cut off a section and washed it by hand.  Better......but I'm going to try to get it to look more natural....perhaps using a toothbrush and removing more paint will give me the look I want.  I'll report back.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

HMMMMMMMMM Looking forward to seeing what else you do with this...maybe 'crunch' it and then repaint with a different color paint?? Can't wait to see!!!