Saturday, January 31, 2015

ONE MORE THING....

Okay....I promise no long drawn out wake for my teaching career......but I found this yesterday as I was cleaning out my 'teaching closet' and decided to share it.  Never was there a goal to actually color in all the states I visited, but as a newbie instructor oh so many years ago, it was a fun exercise that I continued as the years ticked by.  Seriously, those first two years I thought each invitation would be the last.....as I just couldn't believe my good luck....

So....including the more difficult ones to get......Alaska and Hawaii....I've taught in all but three states and a dozen or more countries.  I've always kidded that if an airline ever stranded me somewhere....I'd check my extensive email or phone contact file and and start asking to be rescued from a long night on an airport floor! 

4 comments:

Robbie said...

What a keepsake!!! Something to pass on to your kids/grand kids...I would think this would be so interesting...my mom worked for Revlon (hair color tech) and did shows all over the states. Wish she would have kept something like this!!

Nancy said...

Nothing like a good visual! Robbie is right- this is a great keepsake.

Linda M said...

You've never been to Idaho! How could you miss us.

The Idaho Beauty said...

What! Never taught in Idaho???? Well...I am offended. ;-)

But not particularly surprised. Idaho's kind of a weird duck in that in the northern part, we are practically part of WA so tend to travel there to see the big names in anything. As for the southern part, I'm not sure, except it may be a similar thing of gravitating to neighboring states. Or all those potato farmers and Mormons - maybe Linda knows. Want me to get you a gig so you can complete your map? I'm sure I could arrange it. You wouldn't even need your fancy equipment... ;-)))