Monday, March 16, 2015

JAPANESE INFLUENCES #3

Here's a more detailed look at the project I worked on at the PTA 7th annual retreat.  Many thanks to my good friend Helen who gifted me a huge stash of Japanese fabrics.  This is the 3rd quilt I've made utilizing these treasures.


All the patches were precut at home....a small selection was previewed on my design wall before the retreat....just to be sure they'd all fit!

As bunches of blocks were stitched....the quilt was laid out on the floor as there is no space to design on the wall. 
JAPANESE INFLUENCES # 3   © 2015
49" X 58.5"

Sorry for the bad photo....I can't get far enough away from it to avoid distortion when photographing on my wall.  (Besides....this view is only the top!)

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

This is gorgeous!

Maggi said...

Love the colour that you've used to set the Japanese fabrics on.