Friday, March 27, 2015

PINE NEEDLE - COMPLETED DECONSTRUCTED SCREEN PRINTED PROJECT

Back at the end of February, I blogged/complained during the making of this quilt.  If so moved....you can click here and again here to see those posts.

After the stand off I experienced when it came to quilting the screen printed sections, those poorly executed stitches were removed.  AND.... I settled in for many peaceful evenings hand embroidering the pine needle images.  The right decision in my humble opinion.

 PINE NEEDLES  41" X 30.25"
Artist deconstructed screen printed images, machine pieced and quilted, hand embroidered.

Detail

Follow these links to see what fellow artists have been up to this week:  Whoop, Whoop Fridays, Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday, and Richard and Tanya Quilts.

14 comments:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Absolutely wonderful...one of my favorites...great how effectively you used the deconstructive fabric which is so hard to use...You go girl!

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

Nice work Mary!

Nancy said...

So very pleasing to look at! Just lovely.

Linda M said...

I really like the way you divided up each block, that little square of green in each one adds so much.

quiltedfabricart said...

Cool! Deconstruction is not easy and this turned out great.

Kaja said...

This is great - I love the fabric and you have really made the most of it here.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It turned out beautifully. Congratulations on the finish.

The Idaho Beauty said...

So much right about this design, imho. The more I look, the more I see what is making this work so well. And with my structured sensibilities, it is so pleasing - the Frank Lloyd Wright framing of the natural world beyond.

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Mary: hand quilting is such a treasured art. I love these prints... and with the quilting I am sure it is just stunning. Thanks for sharing. Love this.

Judy Warner said...

You made all the right decisions, Mary. It turned out beautifully.

Unknown said...

Love the small borders framing the quilt. They really make the pattern pop and stand out!

Hilary Florence said...

love the layout and design of this

Quilter Kathy said...

It was worth all the angst and stitch removal!
Great finish!

Maggi said...

A really striking piece