Friday, October 30, 2015

MAPLE LEAF - NEW WOOL WORK

I always enjoy (require) handwork projects to pass away evenings while the TV blares 'guy' shows that have anything and everything to do with wheels and engines.

Here's what I've accomplished lately.....
MAPLE LEAF  9" x 12"
Artist hand-dyed, shibori printed, ice-microwave dyed, & mono printed wool that features bead embroidery.  It's mounted on a canvas covered frame, fabric backed with a hanging device. 
Here's another view.....I've been told for 25 years how difficult my work is to photograph.....the camera has such a difficult time translating shiny beads and fabric backgrounds.  So, after literally 2 hours of photographing this quilt....this is the best I can do.....it totally depends upon the lighting!  The detail photo below provides the best depiction.
Detail

5 comments:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

And having the great fun of seeing it in person, I can say it's an exquisite work of art!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I think it was easier before digital to get accurate photos. Digital cameras like so much technology seems to operate on I know best let me adjust to what I think is going on. I've given up trying to capture sunsets. Their color is never even close through my camera's eye. As for anything sparkly, autofocus nearly has a nervous breakdown!? This one is all the rich fall colors that I love and the added flourishes of loops make it a Stori design!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A beautifully done piece Mari and all your beading looks terrific!

Ruth Lane said...

What a beautiful beaded leaf - it looks perfect on the felt background.

margaret said...

your leaf has worked so beautifully