Monday, June 19, 2017

WET FELTING = EXERCISE FOR UPPER ARMS?!?

Sales of my felted bowls/baskets at Woolworth's Walk in downtown Asheville have been encouraging! 
 So, out came my felting supplies.......
...... New materials inspired new directions. Son/DIL gifted me two skeins of wool that I've been wanting to incorporate into wet-felted bowls.  They purchased it at Hidden Villa, a nearby (Los Altos, CA) farm where they buy their eggs and meat.  It's also a great place for children to visit.
Don't you just love driftwood??  A friend asked if I might have any use for these pieces which I believe came from the shores of Lake Superior. The largest piece is only about 7" long and I'm thinking 'handles' for larger bowls.....stay tuned.
Here's the first small bowl featuring the wool yarn as an embellishment....happily it felted very easily.

I expect to be binging on Netflix with wet soapy hands for the next couple of days!

3 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your bowl is beautiful, Mary. Have fun making more of them! I love and collect driftwood too. It's a great idea to use such pieces as handles for your bowls.

Robbie said...

Look forward to what you do with this yarn! I'm sure it will be enhanced to another beautiful bowl!!

margaret said...

I knew your bowls would be popular so good to know you need to make more