Friday, December 22, 2017

TOP COMPLETED

Here's a quick follow up on the Asian theme quilt shown in my last post. The top is finished......naturally being as mathematically challenged as I am I made it difficult for myself by selecting a finished 3/4" width for the red sashings. So as the quilt sections grew, so did the difficulty of cutting accurate sizes sometimes dealing in 1/8" fractions.  If I ever do another, I'll plan that better, even though I really think the red sashing is the perfect size.
Next of course comes the basting and quilting, then binding, labeling and making the hanging sleeve......  Our Christmas is rather laid back this year so I should have ample time to put in a couple of hours each day.  

I'll attempt to post a better quality photo when it's finished!


Visit these links to see if other artists have had time to create anything this week except Christmas gifts?  Nina-Marie Off The Wall Friday, Sarah's Whoop whoop Friday, Crazy Mom Quilts.
SaveSave

10 comments:

Kathy said...

That sashing and layout are the perfect complement to the Asian fabrics. Often it's worth all the fussing and fitting to get that just right finish! Have fun with the quilting and enjoy the laid back Christmas.

Thecomplexcrafter.blogspot.com.au said...

The layout you chose really shows off those beautiful Asian fabrics, it's a really lovely quilt. Sandra-Kay.

Linda M said...

The sashing is fabulous, it makes the quilt.

quiltedfabricart said...

Agreed! The red is a perfect color to show off the other fabrics. Just the thought of dealing with 1/8” cut gives me the Willy’s. Quilting does teach us the art of patience. I’m not doing much for Christmas either which is nice - no pressure or stress. I talk to family on the phone and the rest of the day is my own - yahoo!

Norma Schlager said...

I agree that the red sashing is just right. I look forward to seeing the quilting.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Your math was accurate as was your cutting. Beautiful use of those beautiful fabrics!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Such a simple change from traditional sashing. It is what I love about your work. I've framed blocks, sashed with corner stones, even pieced sashings, but the center red sashing line running vertically and horizontally makes the quilt. You feel as though you are looking at a Japanese screen.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

I think it looks wonderful and the sashing is perfect.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out SEW elegant looking. Nice work!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

This is beautiful - I just love this setting and think you are so clever to have spotted and adapted it from where you did. Don't let a bit of fiddly math keep you from maintaining the perfect proportions.